Health Savings Account Option (for Active Employees)
Lowest premium with tax-advantaged savings account
Is this the plan for you?
- Control how you spend, or save, your health care dollars with the Aetna HealthFund® Health Savings Account (HSA) plan
- 15% discount at Banner Facilities for inpatient services
- Your employer is making a per pay period contribution to your HSA of $27.69 for an individual and $55.38 for a family.
- A member must pay a high deductible before the insurance “kicks in” (preventative services are available before satisfying the deductible)
- You own your HSA, so it’s yours to keep
- Your HSA can grow over time, tax free
- A national network with coverage in all AZ counties
- No referrals for visits to network doctors
- Out-of-network coverage
- Preventive care is covered at 100%
- Aetna Health Connections Disease Management, Informed Health Line and Aetna Maternity Program included at no additional cost
How the Plan Works
First, meet your plan’s deductible. When your deductible has been met, you pay a share of the cost each time you seek care from an in-network doctor or facility. Keep in mind, you pay a higher share when you see an out-of-network doctor or facility. Your plan also includes an out-of-pocket limit. This is a cap that limits how much you pay for covered services. When your costs reach this limit the remaining qualified expenses are covered by the benefits plan at 100%, up to the annual or lifetime benefit maximum.
Enjoy the Advantages of a Health Savings Account
- You own the money in your account, so you can choose to save part or all of it
- You can put money into your account on a pre-tax basis using payroll deduction
- All the money saved in your account earns interest - and there are not taxes to pay on that interest
- At the end of each plan year, money left in your account rolls over into the next year. When your HSA balance reaches $1,000, you have access to investment options
- Your account can grow and be used for health care costs when you retiree
- If you leave your job or move, your HSA goes with you
Find a PCP or doctor in the network
Visit DocFind® site, and:
Select “AETNA OPEN ACCESS PLANS” then select Aetna Choice POS II (Open Access) if enrolling in the HSA plan.